The Natural Way of Wildflower Seeds
In the UK, wildflowers have their own yearly routine. They start growing as little plants, or saplings, in the spring. They flower in the summer, and when autumn comes, they drop their seeds. Some of these seeds even start growing into new saplings right away. Planting your wildflower seeds in autumn lets you go with this natural flow, which helps your future meadow grow strong and healthy.
Why Plant in Autumn?
1. Great Soil: The soil is often still warm in autumn and usually gets enough rain. These are perfect conditions for seeds to start growing into saplings.
2. Less Weeds: Planting in autumn means your wildflowers won't have to compete with as many weeds, which are starting to die off by then.
3. More Flowers: Some seeds will sprout right away in the autumn, while others will wait for spring. This means you get a longer season of beautiful blooms.
Why People Usually Plant Later
A lot of folks get the urge to buy flower seeds when they see them in gardens or shops. That's why many people end up planting in the spring or summer, even though that might not be the best time to start a wildflower meadow.
How We Can Learn and Improve
1. Learn More: Keep an eye on social media, blogs, and newsletters. They can offer helpful tips about when it's best to buy and plant seeds.
2. Special Deals: Look out for autumn discounts or bundle deals that encourage planting at this prime time.
USE CODE: Autumn20 to get 20% OFF all wildflowers in our shop.
3. Hands-On Learning: Join a workshop to get some practical tips and meet other garden lovers. It's a fun way to learn more about seasonal planting.
Plant wildflowers in autumn.
While blooming flowers in spring and summer can be very tempting, planting your wildflower seeds in autumn has its perks. You'll be working with nature's schedule and enjoying favourable growing conditions. Plus, you'll get a longer season of gorgeous flowers to enjoy. If you want a stunning wildflower meadow, consider planting in autumn. Your future garden will thank you!
Use code: Autumn20 to get 20% OFF all wildflowers in our shop.